welcome

I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR CREATIONS
AND FIND THE ARTIST IN YOU
AND IN YOUR KIDS RELEASED TO CREATE AND HAVE FUN.

Monday 30 July 2012

RAINBOW TROUT GYOTAKU TUTORIAL




Start by splattering masking fluid onto your paper.
I like loading a toothbrush and quickly rubbing my finger
across it allowing the masking fluid to fly onto the paper.
If you are using rice paper or fabric neither work well with masking fluid. 

Allow masking fluid to dry before painting.



I have my green and blue water colours ready to go.
I like a large size brush as I will be splattering liberal
amounts onto my dampened paper.


Once my paper is splatterd with colour I follow up
by spraying a mist of water  on the paint.


I have looked up an image of the true colours of a
Rainbow Trout on line and have mixed my colours
to match. Here I am using acrylic.


Once my fish is painted I lift it with a fork onto
a clean surface. I have previously rinsed the fish
well and patted it dry.
I have filled the cavities with paper towel
to absorb any moisture.


Ready for the paper.


Carefully place your paper over the fish and begin
to gently rub from left to right. take special care to
rub over fins, eye socket, mouth and jaw.


Carefully remove paper, repaint fish or repeat
with out new paint for a fainter image.


Note where the eye socket is located.
Some results are better if the eye is
removed before printing.


Paint the entire eye white.


Add a dark colour eye liner



Add a very pale green inside the white circle
leaving a small amount of white showing.


Add a less than perfect circle of black in the center.



Finally add a small dot of white along the edge of
the black center.
Depending on the type of fish you are painting
the eyes will vary in size, shape and colour.
Also using only black ink instead of colour can have
a dramatic effect.
Because this fish is dinner I've used a non toxic acrylic.


Detail may be painted on once the print is dry and masking fluid has been rubbed off.



By placing a clear vinyl table cloth over your finished
print  you create an enjoyable placemat.

No comments: