welcome

I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR CREATIONS
AND FIND THE ARTIST IN YOU
AND IN YOUR KIDS RELEASED TO CREATE AND HAVE FUN.

Wednesday 4 July 2012

DRESS FORM


DIY DRESS FORM




Here I am ready to "build" my very own dress form...


with help from my husband



Completely taped!
I started by wearing a tight fitting T shirt that I no longer wanted. My husband proceeded to completely cover the T with a crisscrossing of packing tape. 


Cut through the tape and T shirt
 all the way up the center of the back.


Place the unfinished form on an ironing board to give firm support while you retape the cut up the back.


Taping the back


Tape on the inside of the form as well to strengthen where the cut was made.


Cover the neck and arm holes with stiff cardboard followed by more packing tape. As you cover the neck opening add a heavy wooden coat hanger.


Reinforce the breast area to help it hold its form and not become fatigued after long time use.


Stuff the inside with crumpled newspaper.


Cover the bottom of the form with heavy cardboard. Include a center hole to allow the form to be supported by a stand as well as by hanging. 


Can't wait to start sewing using  my dress form for fittings instead of going through all manner of contortions!

NEXT DAY. . .


A fun little dress for just under 2 dollars!


Many thanks to "Making It Well"
for your helpful tutorial
 which I adapted to develop my own method.



No comments: