welcome

I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR CREATIONS
AND FIND THE ARTIST IN YOU
AND IN YOUR KIDS RELEASED TO CREATE AND HAVE FUN.

Sunday 29 July 2012

Gluten-free low fat banana date loaf


Gluten-Free low fat, banana date loaf



I wanted to make a simple gluten-free loaf. I gathered up whatever ingredients I had on hand and started what I thought was going to be the first of many trial and error attempts to make a tasty loaf with an appealing texture. My first experiment was a complete success!



RECIPE
1/3 cup rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup pea flour
1/3 cup potato flour
1 cup cooked, cooled quinoa
1/3 cup ground flax seed soaked in 1/3 cup water
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp soda
1 Tblsp olive oil
1/2 mashed banana
1cup chopped dates
1/3 cup walnut peices
1 cup buttermilk
mix all dry ingredients, including quinoa 
blend in olive oil with pastry blender
add buttermilk and mashed banana
GENTLY FOLD until all ingredients are moist
gently fold in nuts and dates
pour into greased baking pan
350 degrees F for 1 hour
cool before slicing, keep refrigerated


Next time I plan to add 1/3 cup of apricots and prunes to give it a little sweeter taste. I serve it toasted with a little ginger marmalade.

No comments: