welcome

I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR CREATIONS
AND FIND THE ARTIST IN YOU
AND IN YOUR KIDS RELEASED TO CREATE AND HAVE FUN.

Tuesday 14 February 2012

VALENTINES' DAY CANDLE TUTORIAL

VALENTINES' DAY CANDLE
My mother taught me how
to make these fun candles
in the late 1950s.
You will need: -a milk carton of any size.
The one I am using here is 1 liter. 
wax, crayons, tin can, ice cubes
and a candle wick.

Start by making your ice cubes.
I have added paper hearts.

Melt your wax in a tin can sitting
in boiling water. I am using
an old candle and wax crayons
for color.

Allow all the wax to completely melt.

Have your milk carton ready
placing your wick in the center.

When your wax has completely melted
place your ice cubes around the wick
in your milk carton.

Carefully pour your melted wax over your ice cubes.

After your wax has hardened,
(about an hour)
tear the carton away from your candle.





As the candle burns down
the light will shine out through
the cavities left by the ice cubes.
 





No comments: