welcome

I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR CREATIONS
AND FIND THE ARTIST IN YOU
AND IN YOUR KIDS RELEASED TO CREATE AND HAVE FUN.

Monday 4 August 2014

ART CAMP


My church sponsored an ART CAMP for
20 kids ages 8 to 14



I shared my time to show the kids
how to create an ART JOURNAL.











Embellishing our creations with words
that bring strong images to mind will 
stimulate the imagination giving further
dimension and depth to our pictures.
It will help to increase one's vocabulary,
powers of observation and self expression.











Increasing our powers of observation 
can have the effect of increasing
our AWE & WONDER of God .
It allows us to discover creation in a more
 intimate way coming to a place to
CONSIDER instead of Understanding.















I took the pages home to sew them all 
together on my sewing machine. Each 
child was able to take home a journal 
of about 10-12 pages with pictures 
and descriptive words.






This student drew her classmates
as she viewed them from across the table.





GYOTAKU WITH PRAWNS




My daughter and I taught the kids how 
to do gyotaku. The prints were made on
rice paper, glued onto a canvas followed
by wet plaster with swirls of paint at the 
bottom of the canvas. Before the plaster set
 the kids pressed in shells, sea glass and
drift wood. 











The last project of the day
was without instruction. The kids 
had the opportunity to choose  from
our boxes of shells, driftwood, sea glass and
paints to make whatever their imaginations
wanted to create.










































No comments: