welcome

I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR CREATIONS
AND FIND THE ARTIST IN YOU
AND IN YOUR KIDS RELEASED TO CREATE AND HAVE FUN.

Saturday 4 August 2012

WOODBURNING ON DRIFTWOOD


I found this piece of drift wood yesterday. . .
liked its fish-like appearance. . .
knew it would lend itself well to something!



To burn scripture into the driftwood
 you need a magnifying glass, the sun
and a little spare time. (about an hour)
Holding the glass at a certain angle the
beams from the sun may be concentrated
into one spot. The dry driftwood started smoking
as soon as the light was focused on it and
a little flame shot up from time to time as well.





I continue to work with my earlier gyotaku print.
I do plan to add more embelishments to the canvas,
but liked placing my drift wood to the shelf below.
The piece with the woodburning is on the far left.


All His creation continues to astound me.

No comments: