welcome

I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR CREATIONS
AND FIND THE ARTIST IN YOU
AND IN YOUR KIDS RELEASED TO CREATE AND HAVE FUN.

Sunday 12 August 2012

SALMON GYOTAKU WITH DRIFTWOOD, SEAGLASS AND SHELLS


I have finally finished adding the
embellishments to my gyotaku.



I have the perfect place to display it with a generous
shelf below to create a driftwood beach.
As with any beach there are many treasures to discover. . .
limpets, oyster shells, clam shells, a crab, footprints in the sand,
and worn, bleached driftwood.




I have used my collection of seaglass and pottery found
on the beaches of Scotland and Washington state.



I have had these hooks saved for something special for decades.
I found them in an abandoned house in Newfoundland on the Great Northern Peninsula.
I'm guessing they are cod hooks as that was once a vibrant fishery in Newfoundland.


I used plaster of Paris to which I added blue acrylic paint. After mixing it well I spooned it out on top of the fabric. Before adding shells, driftwood etc. I added a deep blue acrylic on top of the spooned out mixture and swirled it a bit before adding my embellishemnts.

No comments: