welcome

I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR CREATIONS
AND FIND THE ARTIST IN YOU
AND IN YOUR KIDS RELEASED TO CREATE AND HAVE FUN.

Saturday 10 December 2011

1920s cloche felt hats

 I was having difficulty finding a pattern for these 1920s flapper style cloche hats, so I set out to make my own. After some trial and error I came up with a pattern I liked and allows for all kinds of variation.
 


 Working with felt is easy and forgiving as well as inexpensive. Decorating these little hats with buttons, feathers, ribbon and in this case an old watch that no longer works, gives you  room to express your creativity and your individuality.
This is my basic pattern made for my head size, easily changed by changing your seam width. Also it can make a better fit if you cut the top bell portion into quarters instead of two pieces, depending on your fabric.
     Cut four pieces for the brim sewing them together then turning inside out. The pattern is very basic and can be finished in any number of ways, depending how your fabric is "behaving" and what suites your tastes.

MOTHER DAUGHTER HATS

No comments: