welcome

I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR CREATIONS
AND FIND THE ARTIST IN YOU
AND IN YOUR KIDS RELEASED TO CREATE AND HAVE FUN.

Thursday 16 May 2013

WOODLAND WATER COLOURS





My grandsons and I head out to "Turtle Point"
with a picnic, pencils, paper, cameras, spotters
and a magnifying glass to study and draw whatever
we might come across.

How delightful to have ducklings and turtles to
keep us company!



We find a comfortable perch and start
drawing with specimen in hand.





We draw with lead and coloured
pencils in the field.

We describe our specimen with as many
adjectives as we can observe. Sometimes
we add a descriptive human attribute
such as "friendly"




Using a magnifying glass allows us to
study our specimen more closely.

THINGS TO CONSIDER:

It looks like. . .
analogies, metaphors, similes

I notice. . . . .. .
 shape, structure, function, colour, texture, behaviour,
taste, sound, weight, odour, interactions. . .

I wonder. . . ..
what is it like, similar to, different from, reminds me of. . .

FOR FUN:
What human attribute would I give my specimen.

It brings what questions to mind?
How to answer my questions. . .
research....observation

CAN MY QUESTIONS BE ANSWERED BY THE
SCIENTIFIC METHOD?
OR
IS IT UNANSWERABLE,
 A MYSTERY OF GOD?


Salmon Berries



Once home I paint my drawings with watercolour.





Cottonwood Seeds



Overnight, in a warm house, the seed pods
have begun to open letting loose their fluffy cotton.



Pencil drawing of fungus.















On wet mornings I collect my specimens from
Turtle point and bring them home to my kitchen table.






The honey bees had to compete for the
sweet nectar found in these inviting pink blossoms.
As farm kids we were often found walking
through a summer pasture plucking the clover blossoms
and popping them into our mouths. Chewing them
released the nectar. Always a welcomed treat!



Pine Needles


My grandsons and I spent a day
practising drawing leaves.







We made a list of our observations in our
watercolour journals. We noted how our leaves
were similar and how they were different.






BACK HOME

No comments: